Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Friday, June 01, 2012

June Lore


June is named after the Roman Great Mother Goddess, Juno; the Greek Hera. The month’s name was originally Junonius.

Juno has may attributes, the chief of which is as the Queen of Heaven. This is attribute is ascribed to Frigg in the Northern Tradition and Mary in the Christian. As ruler of the high point of the year, the time of the maximum light and minimum darkness, June is the light counterpart of Janus, the ruler of the New Year period....

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been combined with two others and moved to my new website, The Pagan Calendar, they can be found here: June Lore and June Magick

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin