Current News

I am currently in the process of migrating the content shared here to a series of new websites hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.

As you explore this site, you may find links to a "page not found" instead of something cool and magickal. For this I apologize. I am very working hard behind the scenes to restore those pages along with a link to their homes on my new website where they can be viewed in full.

Search the Spells

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Gypsies and Dreaming


Gypsies hold much stock in dreams and are renowned dream interpreters. Although Tunisian and Algerian Romanies are the recognized experts in this field, English Gypsies certainly have been practicing dream interpretation for many generations.

In common with all Gypsies, the English Travelers maintain that through dreams they are being given secret knowledge that could affect their future, positively or negatively. They believe dreams come from the spirits of their ancestors.

Gypsies are actually very observant and, in some ways, very prosaic. The first thing a knowledgeable Romani will do when asked about the significance of a particular dream is to inquire about...

... I am so sorry to do this to you, but this post has been moved to my new website, Gypsy Magick and Lore, and can be found in its entirety here: Gypsies and Dreaming

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous entry! :) Thank you so much for sharing!

I've found I have quite a talent for dream interpretation, and indeed---it's paying attention to the small details. :)

Blessings,
Aelwyn
http://hedgewitchhollow.blogspot.com

Kathy Ostman-Magnusen said...

Happy day to you. I notice that you used one of my paintings for your blog.. and you gave me credit for it so.. THANK YOU! You have a very nice blog. ~Kathy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin